Welcome to Cavan Hills Veterinary Services
24 Hour Emergency services, for when time matters!
When is my pet in need of emergency medical attention?
If your pet is in need of emergency medical attention, if possible, please contact our staff to prepare for your arrival.
Not sure if it is an emergency? Here are some symptoms that may require immediate care:
- Respiratory distress (laboured breathing, choking)
- Neurological impairment
- Potential foreign body ingestion
- Severe bodily harm (motor vehicle accident, animal attack, etc.)
- Sudden paralysis
- Potential broken bones
- Shock: lack of gum colour, lethargy, failure to respond to stimuli
- Inability to urinate
- Lacerations that are actively bleeding
- Enlarged or bloated abdomen, retching, gagging
Remember, you are the best judge of your pet’s normal behavior. Our Veterinarians and highly trained support staff are here to assist your pet any time of day or night.